Home Inspection Tips That You Should Take Note
Discovering some issues about your home that would endanger the idea of selling the home is the last thing that you would want to happen. Even if there will be issues that will be revealed every time your home will have a home inspection, if you have kept your home properly maintained, you will not be worrying about a thing. If you kept a proper maintenance to your home, you will be able to avoid some of the very common issues and problems that will be found by the home inspection team.
There are some reasons that would result to not having the proper maintenance to a home like the lack of money, the lack of interest, or the lack of time. But every time it will come to selling your home and you are aware that a lot of people are interested, you should be able to take care of these things.
The little things might possibly cost you the sale of your home since those are the things that are nagging you and might result to a big issue for the potential buyers. You will be able to avoid the majority of these issues and problems if you will take note on these five crucial areas.
1. Air conditioning system, heat pump system, dirty filter, and coils in the furnace. If you have a professional to conduct a maintenance on your cooling and heating system once a year can help you take care of this issue. It is also important that your filters will be replaced or cleaned at least a month or three based on what your system will need. This is really crucial in order for your system to have a longer life, better fuel savings, efficiency, and to make sure that your home will have the proper cooling and heating.
2. A bad caulking of the ceramic tile on the shower area and the tub. You will be spending a lot of money if you will replace or repair the tiles on the walls inside your shower area. You can save a lot of money if you have a proper caulking on the tiles in your shower area. A crack in the grout or caulk in your shower area will allow water to get in.
3. A GFCI or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters that is malfunctioning. The electrical outlets with the buttons Press and Test are the Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters. These outlets are crucial in preventing the possibility of electrocution.
4. Rotten wood is one of the biggest issue that would prevent the sale of your home. You can prevent this if you have the proper moisture barrier.
5. Allowing an amateur do the needed repairs and maintenance. Every time an amateur is tasked to do the home project, most of the time the materials are of poor quality or are not the ones intended for the project.